From Billboards to Mobile and everything in between, each have unique qualities that must be kept in mind when brainstorming ideas.
How to create great media:
• Be obvious and noticeable! Small type, images, and logos do not work for outdoor.
• Keep text simple and short. Audiences have a short time to read and absorb your message.
• Use a font with consistent thickness. Avoid type with extreme thick-and-thin lines. The thin areas will disappear from far away.
• Avoid tracking your type too closely. Tight typography will be hard to read from a distance.
• Keep moderate spacing between characters. Condensing or extending your type too drastically hinders legibility.
• Use simple and bold images that can be “read” quickly. If audiences cannot figure out what they are looking at, the ad will not work.
• Use solid or simple background images or patterns. Complexity will distract from the information in the foreground.